Pages

Sunday 13 March 2011

2011年東北地方太平洋沖地震 or Sendai earthquake and tsunami

At this point, all of you have probably already heard of the heavy earthquake off the shore before Sendai. Since this 11th March probably everyone of you heard enough news broadcasters and read plenty articles throughout the interwebs to be well informed.

I did not write anything about this so far, neither here, nor on twitter (apart from one or two retweets) or facebook, because I have great difficulties to gather my mind and express it. I sympathise with every single Japanese within the region shaken by the earthquake and ridden by the tsunami.

One of the first thoughts I had was, that fortunately Japan is very cognisant of the dangers and puts high efforts into actions to defend themselves against the strokes of nature. Thanks to that the number of victims is luckily still a magnitude lower than it was 2004 throughout the pacific ocean tsunami.

On the other hand side I am very worried about the things happening in the power plants. I am praying to any god, no matter that I do not believe that there are any. I hope thoroughly that all will turn out well. Any nuclear disaster will cause huge problems especially since there live 40 million people in that very area.

At this very point I can only wait and hope for nothing bad to come around the corner. I try to stay informed, but every second I notice my lack of knowledge of Japanese again and again when I try to read yomiuri and asahi (two biggest Japanese papers) online news and have hard to struggle and rely on web-tools to get the gist of their articles. Additionally those articles are, for understandable reasons, often based on very careful information policies, so that we probably will learn the whole extend not earlier than within a week.

With anxious thoughts, sincerely
me

No comments:

Post a Comment